
My headaches are not getting any better and the naproxen doesn't help anymore. So Bill and I talked about it and we decided that I'd try the muscle relaxer and seizure med to see if they will help with the headaches and if they don't then i'd stop taking them.
Well I picked the prescriptions up at Walmart on Friday and it turns out my Neurologist didn't prescribe me a seizure medicine. It is a Anti-depressant and a muscle relaxer.
The anti-depressant is "Amitriptylin" 25 mg. I take 1 tablet at bedtime for 7 days then take 2 tablets at bedtime.
Amitriptyline is used to treat symptoms of depression. Amitriptyline is in a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain. Amitriptyline is also sometimes used to treat chronic pain, eating disorders, and certain skin problems.
The muscle relaxer is "Tizanidine" 2mg. I take one tablet by mouth 3 times daily.
So hopefully they will help. It makes me feel better to know it's an anti-depressant instead of a seizure medicine.
I started them yesterday morning when I went to bed and it knocked me out in 30 minutes. I slept for 9 1/2 hours and could have slept longer but got up. I am still feeling loopy and relaxed from them. lol
But the good news is I woke up and didn't have a migraine. I do have one now but it's almost my bedtime so i'll take more muscle relaxer and anti-depressant.
I hope they do help with the headaches. It's only the second day now so it's too early to tell.

























Hi Tera!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for becoming one of my followers. I have become one of yours as well. We have a lot in common with PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes. For me the diabetes diagnosis came about 6 or 7 weeks ago. It was crushing for me. However, I have since picked myself up off of the floor and am making the necessary changes I need to my life.
I am on an anti-depressant because I certainly need it to keep myself sane. For me being on Cymbalta or some other form of anti-depressant medication will be a life committment. ugh~ Thankfully for you though it will hopefully only be temporary for your migrane headaches. I have had migranes and they are no fun at all. My heart cries out for you and am so glad that you have found a treatment for them. :)
I am enjoying reading your blog and am very excited about following it. :) Your blog is very cute! :) I will look forward to blogging more with you soon!
Blessings,
Stacey